Renewables

Nofar Energy inks deal for 265 MW solar power plant near Bucharest

Nofar Energy 265 MW solar power plant Corbii Mari near Bucharest

Photo: Nofar Energy / LinkedIn

Published

April 17, 2025

Country

Comments

comments icon

0

Share

Published:

April 17, 2025

Country:

Comments:

comments icon

0

Share

The operator of the biggest solar power plant in Romania is about to start building a much bigger facility. Nofar Energy signed a turnkey contract including operation and management for a 265 MW system in Corbii Mari in Dâmboviţa County.

Just west of Bucharest, one of the largest photovoltaic projects in Romania is nearing materialization. A consortium of Cox Energy from Spain and domestic firm AJ Construction, part of AJ Brand, is the designated contractor and operator for a proposed 265 MW solar power plant in Corbii Mari. A multijurisdictional team of Clifford Chance lawyers, coordinated by its Bucharest office, advised Nofar Energy, the developer, and revealed the news.

The small commune is in Dâmboviţa county. The Israeli company acquired the project in late 2023.

The Clifford Chance Badea law office said the Corbii Mari endeavor is the fourth engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and operation and maintenance (O&M) contract in which it assists Nofar Energy. The overall collaboration concerns renewable energy projects in Romania for over 650 MW, it added.

Nofar recently said is meeting the timelines for its key projects in the country including Ghimpați (146 MW) and Iepurești (169 MW) and Slobozia, of 74 MW. The last of the three won government support through a contract for difference (CfD) at the country’s first auction. The locations are also near Bucharest, to the southwest.

The Israeli company added that it has a project portfolio of 970 MW and 120 MWh. The latter item apparently concerns battery storage.

In addition, Nofar Energy said last month that it connected to the electricity grid its solar park in Ada, the largest such system in neighboring Serbia.

Comments (0)

Be the first one to comment on this article.

Enter Your Comment
Please wait... Please fill in the required fields. There seems to be an error, please refresh the page and try again. Your comment has been sent.

Related Articles

montenegro zorana sekulic interview hydrogen program action plan ministry of energy

Sekulić: Montenegro is preparing for a hydrogen energy era

20 February 2026 - Zorana Sekulić, Director of the Directorate for Oil and Gas at the Ministry of Energy and Mining, is finishing doctoral studies in hydrogen

coal mining

Coal miners’ woes threaten electricity production across region

20 February 2026 - Miners at Romania’s coal complex CE Oltenia have staged protests, including hunger strikes, over plans to scrap meal vouchers and cut wages

montenegro electricity integration package eip market coupling energy community

Montenegro wraps up transposition of EU’s Electricity Integration Package

20 February 2026 - Montenegro has completed the transposition of the EU’s Electricity Integration Package, according to the Energy Community Secretariat

Albania KESH draft energy storage strategy with French help

Albania’s KESH to draft energy storage strategy with French help

20 February 2026 - Albanian state-owned KESH intends to draft an energy storage strategy with assistance from EDF and the French Development Agency (AFD)