Applications invited from instructors for Circular Economy Academy for SMEs
The Serbian Chamber of Commerce (PKS) in cooperation with CirEkon, and with the support of the EIT Climate-KIC, is organizing the second Circular Economy Academy for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Belgrade. The organizers have invited applications from experienced domestic and international instructors for the Circular Economy Academy.
The deadline for submitting applications for instructors is July 24, while the Circular Economy Academy for SMEs will be held between September 27 and November 22.
The aim of the Circular Economy Academy is to provide support to local companies in their transition to greater use of the circular economy. In addition to basic knowledge of the circular economy concept, participants in the program will be acquainted with practical tools that enable companies to analyze their business model and consequently take the first steps towards a stronger application of the circular business model.
The first Circular Economy Academy was held in September last year. This year, it will consist of lectures, workshops, webinars, and practical group work. The program envisages 30 registered participants.
The Academy is looking for experienced domestic and international instructors who want to be part of an ambitious team whose goal is to provide practical, innovative, and state-of-the-art training for companies that want to be leaders in this sector in Serbia, the PKS said in a press release.
The Academy program requires instructors for one or more than one of the following topics:
- systemic thinking, system dynamics (mapping and feedback), system innovation (a day and a half of training, lecture and workshops)
- the local regulatory and strategic system for the development of the circular economy. Legislative frameworks should include production, delivery to the market, durability strategies and energy, not only waste management (webinar and live lecture)
- global strategic and regulatory systems for CE (mainly the EU and China) (webinar and live lecture)
- life cycle reasoning, MFA, life cycle cost analysis (a day and a half of training, lecture and workshops)
- eco-design and design for circularity (day and a half of training, lecture and workshops)
- standards related to the circular economy (ISO, British Standard, Cradle to Cradle) (webinar and lecture)
- product servicing systems and circular business models (a day and a half of training, lecture and workshops)
- Backcasting (webinar and online lecture).
The motivation letter should briefly highlight the instructor’s approach as well as the total gross price. Additionally, in the CV, applicants are to list practical experiences from the specific area related to the transition to the circular economy. Both documents – the motivation letter and CV – must be sent in a single PDF file.