Croatian power exchange CROPEX said it has held its fourth auction of guarantees of origin (GO), selling 274,482.
It is the highest number so far. In the first auction, CROPEX sold 263,889 GOs and the tally was 194,049 in the second one, followed by 166,779 in the next round.
At the fourth auction of GOs for electricity from incentivized producers (Q4/2019), a total of 274,482 GOs were sold at a price of EUR 0.36 apiece, according to the press release.
- Auction: Production from Q4/2019 (01/10/2019-31/12/2019)
- Date: January 21, 2020
- Time: 10:00 – 12:00 (CEST)
- Primary Source of Energy: Wind
- GOs Auction Quantity: 274,482
- GOs Sold Quantity: 274,482
- GOs Marginal Price (EUR/GO): 0.36
- Minimum price from Bids (EUR/GO): 0.17
- Maximum price from Bids (EUR/GO): 1.61
- Number of Auction Participants: 4
- Number of Auction Participants with Winning Bids: 4
CROPEX held its third auction in October.
In accordance with the law on renewable energy sources and high-efficiency cogeneration, HROTE, as leader of the ECO Balance Group for incentivized electricity production, started selling 30% of the energy output on the CROPEX day-ahead and intraday markets at the beginning of 2019, the exchange operator said.
In December 2019, the Croatian government decided to increase the share to 60% from January 1, 2020.