Renewables

Government increases share of green energy to be sold on Croatian power exchange 

green energy

Slika: Pixabay

Published

December 19, 2019

Country

Comments

0

Share

Published:

December 19, 2019

Country:

Comments:

0

Share

The Croatian government has decided to increase the share of net delivered electricity generated by privileged producers sold on the Croatian Power Exchange (CROPEX) from 30% to 60% from January 1. The remaining 40% will be purchased by the suppliers at the regulated price.

It will be the second step toward full liberalization of the green energy market in Croatia. After two years of postponement, the government has made the first step in December 2018 by adopting a new law on renewable energy sources and the decree on the share of net supplied electricity from privileged producers. The government now changed only the decree.

In December 2018, a new law on renewable energy sources and a decree on the share of net supplied electricity from privileged producers were passed

According to the decree, electricity suppliers are obliged to take 40% of the net power produced by privileged producers from the market operator, while the remaining 60% will be sold on the market, CROPEX said on its website.

The liberalization of the market was projected to last three years, until 2021

The liberalization of the green energy market was projected to last three years, until 2021 as it is gradually opened in order to secure implementation of the plan, the government said about the order and added the Croatian Energy Market Operator (HROTE) is expected to sell 60% of the power produced from renewable sources and in high-efficiency cogeneration.

Tags: ,

Comments (0)

Be the first one to comment on this article.

Enter Your Comment

Please wait... Please fill in the required fields. There seems to be an error, please refresh the page and try again. Your comment has been sent.

Related Articles

desulphurization so2 TENT B grcic mihajlovic vujovic

SO2 emissions from Nikola Tesla B coal plant to be reduced 20 times by 2024

02 December 2020 - One of the ten largest SO2 emitters among power plants in Europe starts the construcution of a flue gas desulphurization facility.

bih wind farms vlasic grebak

BiH to add 116 MW with two wind farms – Grebak, Vlašić

30 November 2020 - Preparations for the construction of the first wind farm in the Republic of Srpska are over, and talks on financing the Vlašić wind farm are starting.

esm belene lng alexandroupolis

ESM halts investment in Belene project, turns to gas power plant near Alexandroupolis LNG terminal

27 November 2020 - Elektrani na Severna Makedonija estimates the 800 MW gas project would be finished earlier than the Belene nuclear power plant.

professors serbia message decarbonization coal

Belgrade University professors warn politicians failure to phase out coal will be more costly than any decarbonization measures

25 November 2020 - It will be more expensive for the country to did nothing to reduce CO2 emissions, than to implement decarbonization measures.