Electricity

Petrović: Montenegrin, Republic of Srpska power utilities to establish joint company

luka petrovic Montenegrin, Republic of Srpska power utilities to establish joint company EPCG ERS djukanovic

Photo: ERS

Published

March 12, 2024

Comments

0

Share

Published:

March 12, 2024

Comments:

0

Share

State-owned power utilities Elektroprivreda Republike Srpske (ERS) and Elektroprivreda Crne Gore (EPCG) intend to establish a joint company for investments, ERS CEO Luka Petrović said.

The managements of ERS, based in the Republic of Srpska, and Montenegrin EPCG initiated setting up a joint firm based in Trebinje to consider new investments. Trebinje is located near the Montenegrin border in the Republic of Srpska, one of the two entities making up Bosnia and Herzegovina. The other one is called the Federation of BiH.

Petrović revealed that EPCG would hold 51% of the joint business, and ERS the remaining 49%.

It would allow the companies to develop investments in the Republic of Srpska and Montenegro, he told ATV, state news agency SRNA reported.

Of note, on March 5 in Banja Luka, Petrović met with Chairman of EPCG’s Board of Directors Milutin Đukanović. Two days later they participated in the meeting of the ministers of energy and mining of Montenegro, Serbia and the Republic of Srpska.

Montenegro could join the Gornja Drina project

Đukanović and Petrović have discussed the possibilities of cooperation in building renewable energy facilities, better utilization of the Bileća lake and the construction of the Buk Bijela hydropower plant, ERS said on its website.

The idea is to install solar power plants on the lake, but also to restore the old project for HPP Buk Bijela, with a larger capacity, for additional benefits for the Gornja Drina (Upper Drina) hydropower system, Luka Petrović told ATV.

The Gornja Drina project consists of proposed hydroelectric facilities Buk Bijela, Foča and Paunci

Gornja Drina consists of proposed hydroelectric facilities Buk Bijela, Foča and Paunci. The project firm is owned Serbia’s power utility Elektroprivreda Srbije (EPS) and ERS. If the old project is restored, the system would be expanded to Montenegro, but it would not endanger the canyon of the river Tara, Petrović stressed.

At the meeting in Belgrade, Montenegro, Serbia and the Republic of Srpska have agreed to jointly develop energy projects.

Comments (0)

Be the first one to comment on this article.

Enter Your Comment
Please wait... Please fill in the required fields. There seems to be an error, please refresh the page and try again. Your comment has been sent.

Related Articles

Renera-kicks-off-50-MW-floating-solar-power-project-Romania

Renera kicks off 50 MW floating solar power project in Romania

24 April 2024 - Renera Energy is developing a 50 MW floating photovoltaic project in Romania. It would now probably be the biggest in Europe.

Renewables-Greece-get-shortcut-grid-connection-PPAs

Renewables in Greece get shortcut to grid connection with PPAs

23 April 2024 - Renewables projects in Greece with PPAs with energy-intensive industrial consumers get priority in the transmission grid connection queue

Brite Solar agrisolar panel plant Greece 2024

Brite Solar to complete agrisolar panel plant in Greece by end-2024

23 April 2024 - Greek startup Brite Solar is building a production line in Patras for transparent solar panels for agrivoltaic production

green wolt scotland floating wind farm

Green Volt, world’s largest floating wind project, obtains planning approval

23 April 2024 - The project has now received all its planning approvals and remains on track to be the first commercial-scale offshore wind farm in Europe