Electricity

Italian A2A appeals Montenegrin court’s decision to block its shares in EPCG

Photo: EPCG

Published

August 17, 2017

Country

Comments

0

Share

Published:

August 17, 2017

Country:

Comments:

0

Share

The Italian company A2A has appealed court’s decision to block its shares in the Montenegrin electric power company, Elektroprivreda Crne Gore (EPCG), Montenegrin media reported.

The High Court in Podgorica, which blocked the shares due to the procedure against several former managers of the company, has confirmed to daily Pobjeda that A2A has appealed the decision.

A2A announced that it had received a court ruling on July 25. “Such a measure, issued in connection with procedures related to group services, provided by A2A to the EPCG between 2010 and 2012, indicates that A2A itself would be subject to investigation”, the Italian company said in July adding that it has been analyzing possibilities to challenge the decision before judiciary.

The Court blocked A2A’s shares at the request of the Special Prosecutor’s Office, which in April 2016 launched an investigation against six EPCG managers on suspicion of misuse of official position and damaging the company for millions of Euros in favor of the Italian companies A2A, A2A Reti Elettriche and BAIN Milano.

The investigation was launched against former EPCG Finance Director Flavio Bianko, ex-Executive Director Enriko Malerba, former Financial Director Massimo Sala, Chief Financial Director Slobodan Tanasijevic, Finance and Payroll Manager Vinka Janjusevic and Executive Officer Vojka Calasan.

The investigation was initiated on the basis of documents submitted by the Parlament’s Committee on Economy in October 2014, after a control hearing on EPCG’s consulting contracts.

According to the documentation, contracts on consulting services signed by EPCG with A2A, A2A Reti Elettriche and BAIN Milano were concluded without public procurement procedure and mandatory decisions of the Board of Directors. Consulting services, according to the Montenegrin press, were worth around EUR 15,000,000.

Montenegrin officials said earlier that the court’s decision to block A2A shares will not jeopardize the takeover procedure launched in early July.

A2A officially launched the withdrawal procedure, after its contract expired on July 1, offering to the Government of Montenegro to take over its 41.7 percent of EPCG shares for EUR 250 million and to pay it in seven annual installments, as defined by the Put Option.

Comments (0)

Be the first one to comment on this article.

Enter Your Comment
Please wait... Please fill in the required fields. There seems to be an error, please refresh the page and try again. Your comment has been sent.

Related Articles

Greece remains world most attractive renewable energy markets

Greece remains among world’s most attractive renewable energy markets

29 November 2022 - EY kept Greece and Turkey in its Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index of 40 countries. In another ranking, Greece is second in the world!

romania popescu minister power storage battery

Romania to grant EUR 103.5 million for battery storage projects

29 November 2022 - The Government of Romania has launched a public call for EUR 103.5 million in grants for investments in electricity storage capacities

EU heavily dependent on solar panels, wind turbines imports Eurostat

EU green technology imports twice as high as exports – Eurostat

29 November 2022 - Buyers in the European Union spent EUR 15.2 billion last year on solar panels, wind turbines, and liquid biofuels from abroad

Coal regions Western Balkans Ukraine funds just transition

Coal regions in Western Balkans and Ukraine lack dedicated funds for just transition

29 November 2022 - The Initiative for Coal Regions in Transition in the Western Balkans and Ukraine held an annual meeting in Brussels