Electricity

Hidroelectrica to launch IPO in September 2020

IPO

Photo: Pixabay

Published

August 28, 2019

Country

Comments

0

Share

Published:

August 28, 2019

Country:

Comments:

0

Share

Romania’s state-owned power utility, Hidroelectrica, will launch an initial public offering (IPO) on the Bucharest Stock Exchange in September 2020, local media reported.

According to Hidroelectrica CEO Bogdan Badea, the most profitable state-owned company in Romania plans to list 10% of its shares in IPO.

There is an option for dual listing, possibly in London

He said that shares will be listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange, while there is an option for dual listing, possibly in London. Badea added that a final decision on the IPO depends on the Ministry of Energy.

In May, Hidroelectrica issued a public call to acquire legal services for conducting an IPO on the Bucharest Stock Exchange.

Hidroelectrica’s IPO was announced back in 2012 when even legal advisors were selected

A few weeks ago, the company revealed it was eyeing Czech energy company CEZ’s Romanian assets, as well as assets owned by Italian energy company Enel in Romania.

Romanian state owns 80% of Hidroelectrica’s shares, while the remaining 20% is in the hands of US investment fund Fondul Proprietatea

Hidroelectrica’s IPO was announced back in 2012 when even legal advisors were selected. However, the company entered insolvency proceedings and the IPO was postponed. There were several more delays of the IPO after this first one.

The Romanian state owns 80% of Hidroelectrica’s shares, while the remaining 20% is in the hands of US investment fund Fondul Proprietatea. In 2018, Hidroelectrica reported a record net profit, of RON 1.97 billion (about EUR 415.7 million).

Hidroelectrica is the largest Romanian power producer

Hidroelectrica is the largest Romanian power producer, with an average annual electricity output of 17 TWh, generated by 228 hydropower plants (HPPs), with a total installed capacity of 3,444 MW.

Comments (0)

Be the first one to comment on this article.

Enter Your Comment
Please wait... Please fill in the required fields. There seems to be an error, please refresh the page and try again. Your comment has been sent.

Related Articles

Lignite plants getting pushed out of the market in the Balkans

Lignite power plants are pushed out of market in Balkans

30 May 2024 - PPC's brand new Ptolemaida 5 lignite plant was effectively pushed out of the market in May as uncompetitive

Fortis Group expand presence Balkans taking over two biogas power plants Serbia Velimir Gavrilovic Belgrade Energy Forum

Fortis Group expands presence in Balkans by taking over two biogas power plants in Serbia

29 May 2024 - Fortis Group is completing the purchase of two biogas power plants in Pančevo, Serbia, COO Velimir Gavrilović announced at Belgrade Energy Forum

elixir matijas predojevic decarbonization bef 2024

Elixir’s EUR 300 million investment plan includes wind, solar, batteries

29 May 2024 - New investments will help push forward the decarbonization process in Elixir Group, started several years ago, Matthias Predojević said

Annual compensation of 600,000 euros to Nikšić Municipality for land Under Bileća Lake

Republic of Srpska agrees to compensate Nikšić in Montenegro for using Bileća lake

29 May 2024 - The Municipality of Nikšić will receive EUR 600,000 in annual compensation for its land under the artificial Bileća lake