EIT Climate-KIC, a Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC), has extended the application deadlines to June 1 for Pioneers into Practice and to June 16 for Hosts, due to the circumstances caused by a coronavirus.
Pioneers into Practice is the leading professional mobility program focused on climate change for students, postgraduates, and professionals.
We invite aspiring pioneers and potential hosting organizations to apply to Pioneers into Practice, EIT Climate-KIC said on its website.
Although we’re eager to arrange national and international face-to-face placements – COVID-19 might not allow us to
This year (see how it was in 2019) the program involves 18 EU member states and Serbia.
“As COVID-19 and its effects remain top of mind for all of us, we decided to hold the local introductory workshops virtually. Please note that – although we’re eager to arrange national and international face-to-face placements – COVID-19 might not allow us to. In that case, we´ll do our best to substitute face-to-face placements with virtual placements, which will allow Pioneers to work from home,” EIT Climate-KIC said.
EIT Climate-KIC and local managers will keep everybody updated about any new developments on the program.
The countries involved are Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Finland, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain.
The Pioneers program runs from June through to December
The Pioneers program runs from June through to December and consists of a 4-6 week placement (domestic or international), bespoke transitions thinking and systems innovation mentoring delivered through a structured workshop program and online training.
Who can be a Pioneer?
- To live in one of the participating locations.
- To have a University degree related to the field of climate change and/or sustainability OR other equivalent degree in another field is desirable.
- To have at least 2 years of working/voluntary experience in a field related to climate change and/or sustainability.
- Be committed to help tackle climate change and to be part of a community of likeminded professionals putting together influential and entrepreneurial climate change plans.
- Be able to complete all elements of the programme (eLearning, workshops, group project, placement).
- Possess advanced English language skills (at least B2 equivalent).
- Not to have been a Pioneer in the last three years.
- Be openminded and keen to learn, share and enjoy!
Who can be a Host?
- Show relevant experience or interest in the topic of climate change and/or the low carbon economy.
- Are located within one of the eligible locations.
- Can provide a working space and relevant supervision to work with the pioneer in defining a sustainability-related work task for the placement.
- Interested to expand their network and generate new business cases, to gain knowledge as well as a competitive advantage through hosting a pioneer.
- Interested to learn about Systems Innovation.
- Be an open-minded organization that is keen to learn, share and enjoy all the stages of the Pioneers into Practice program and use it as a win-win situation!