EIT Climate-KIC, a Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC), has invited students, postgraduates, and professionals to apply for Pioneers into Practice, the leading professional mobility programme focused on climate change.
The scope of the Pioneers into Practice is the biggest so far. The programme, in its ninth year running, involves 17 EU member states and Serbia and is looking for more than 200 candidates for paid placement in a few hundred organizations.
The application deadline is April 11, while the details can be found on the Pioneers into Practice website.
The countries involved are Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Estonia, Germany, Finland, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, and the UK.
#YourPathYourFuture: We’re looking for the next generation of climate innovators, could this be you? The Pioneers programme, a 4-6 week placement for climate professionals, is taking applications now: https://t.co/ZVD84Eo33y. Here's what a previous student had to say: pic.twitter.com/LqR453ERg2
— Climate-KIC (@ClimateKIC) March 14, 2019
The Pioneers programme runs from May through to November and consists of a 4-6 week placement (domestic or international), bespoke transitions thinking & systems innovation mentoring delivered through a structured workshop programme and online training.
Who can be a Pioneer?
A pioneer needs:
- To live in one of the participating locations.
- To have a University degree related to the field of climate change and/or sustainability OR another equivalent degree.
- To have at least 2 years of working/voluntary experience in a field related to climate change and/or sustainability.
- To be committed to help tackle climate change and to be part of a community of like-minded professionals putting together influential and entrepreneurial climate change plans.
- To be able to complete all elements of the programme (eLearning, workshops, group project, placement).
- To possess advanced English language skills (at least B2 equivalent).
- Not to have been a Pioneer in the last three years.
- To be openminded and keen to learn, share and enjoy!
- Placement (all expenses covered).
- Participation in an educational program (two workshops and online training).
- Training based on innovative methodologies developed within the Climate KIC.
- Mentorship for improving innovative ideas and skills.
- Participation in solving challenges in the real environment.
- Possibility to participate in international workshops.
- Possibility to develop a professional network.