Electricity

Hungary’s power utility MVM buys stakes in two Serbian firms

Hungary power utility MVM buys stakes two Serbian firms Energotehnika Juzna Backa Energomontaza Kraljevo

Photo: Energotehnika – Južna Bačka

Published

March 17, 2022

Country

Comments

comments icon

0

Share

Published:

March 17, 2022

Country:

Comments:

comments icon

0

Share

Hungarian state-owned electricity producer MVM agreed with Maneks Group from Serbia to purchase stakes of 33.4% in its subsidiaries Energotehnika – Južna Bačka and Elektromontaža.

Energotehnika – Južna Bačka from Novi Sad in Serbia, a firm that installs substations, gas and heating pipelines and other energy infrastructure, said Hungary’s government-controlled MVM would take over 33.4% of its ownership. The agreement was signed with Energotehnika’s parent Maneks Group, according to the update.

Electricity producer MVM, which is also active in power distribution and trading, is also buying 33.4% in Elektromontaža from Kraljevo, another subsidiary of Maneks Group, the statement adds. The acquisition is an opportunity for MVM to gradually increase its presence in Serbia and the Western Balkans, Energotehnika – Južna Bačka said.

The deal is the accomplishment of Maneks Group’s vision to enter the European Union market, its owner Dragoljub Zbiljić said.

In a filing with the Budapest Stock Exchange, where its bonds are listed, MVM revealed the transaction is scheduled to be completed in the second quarter. The company said in July 2020 that it sees Serbia as a gateway to the markets of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia, and Bulgaria.

MVM said in June of last year that it is ready to conduct an initial public offering in Budapest. A month later, it signed a strategic agreement with Maneks Group on joint projects for energy utility construction and the promotion of cross-border cooperation between Hungary and Serbia.

Comments (0)

Be the first one to comment on this article.

Enter Your Comment
Please wait... Please fill in the required fields. There seems to be an error, please refresh the page and try again. Your comment has been sent.

Related Articles

montenegro zorana sekulic interview hydrogen program action plan ministry of energy

Sekulić: Montenegro is preparing for a hydrogen energy era

20 February 2026 - Zorana Sekulić, Director of the Directorate for Oil and Gas at the Ministry of Energy and Mining, is finishing doctoral studies in hydrogen

coal mining

Coal miners’ woes threaten electricity production across region

20 February 2026 - Miners at Romania’s coal complex CE Oltenia have staged protests, including hunger strikes, over plans to scrap meal vouchers and cut wages

montenegro electricity integration package eip market coupling energy community

Montenegro wraps up transposition of EU’s Electricity Integration Package

20 February 2026 - Montenegro has completed the transposition of the EU’s Electricity Integration Package, according to the Energy Community Secretariat

Albania KESH draft energy storage strategy with French help

Albania’s KESH to draft energy storage strategy with French help

20 February 2026 - Albanian state-owned KESH intends to draft an energy storage strategy with assistance from EDF and the French Development Agency (AFD)