Electricity

First payment to A2A for withdrawal from EPCG by May 2018

Photo: EPCG

Published

September 15, 2017

Country

Comments

0

Share

Published:

September 15, 2017

Country:

Comments:

0

Share

The Government of Montenegro intends to pay the first installment to the Italian company A2A for its shares in Montenegrin electric power company, Elektroprivreda Crne Gore (EPCG), before the deadline expires in May 2018. By then, the government will also examine other payment options foreseen by the contract with the Italian company, the Ministry of Economy of Montenegro said.

A2A officially launched the withdrawal procedure, after its contract expired on July 1, offering to the Government of Montenegro to take over its 41.7 percent of EPCG shares for EUR 250 million and to pay it in seven annual installments, as defined by the Put Option.

The deadline for the payment of at least one seventh of the agreed sum will expire in May 2018, and the Government doesn’t plan to extend it, the Montenegrin daily Vijesti reports.

In addition to the model of payment in seven annual installments, the contract also allows several other options, but no decision has been taken yet, the sources in the Ministry of Economy told Vijesti. The daily asked whether it was decided on the payment model and whether the government considers possibility to pay at once with the discount as well how much the discount would be.

The Ministry of Economy said that the Government, in an effort to choose an optimal model, would consider all available options by time the deadline expires.

After A2A launched the withdrawal procedure, The High Court in Podgorica blocked its shares at the request of the Special Prosecutor’s Office. In April 2016, the Special Prosecutor’s Office launched an investigation against six EPCG managers. The investigation was launched on suspicion of misuse of official position and damaging the company for millions of Euros in favor of the Italian companies A2A, A2A Reti Elettriche and BAIN Milano.

The Italian company has appealed the Court’s decision. Montenegrin officials said that the court’s decision to block A2A shares will not jeopardize the takeover procedure launched in early July.

Comments (0)

Be the first one to comment on this article.

Enter Your Comment
Please wait... Please fill in the required fields. There seems to be an error, please refresh the page and try again. Your comment has been sent.

Related Articles

Banks Serbia receiving lot requests grid connection guarantees Belgrade Energy Forum

Banks in Serbia receiving lot of requests for grid connection guarantees

17 May 2024 - Banks in Serbia are receiving numerous requests for guarantees for renewables requiring grid connection and most investors have firm collateral instruments, according to speakers at Belgrade Energy Forum

statkraft neoen croatia Arnaud Bellange Christophe Desplats-Redier

Statkraft acquires Neoen’s project portfolio in Croatia

17 May 2024 - According to Arnaud Bellanger, Country Manager for Croatia and France at Statkraft, the takeover deal covers about ten projects

Turkey adds 1 3 GW solar power capacity April alone

Turkey adds 1.3 GW in solar power capacity in April alone

17 May 2024 - Photovoltaic capacity in Turkey reached 13.9 GW by the end of last month or a stunning 1.3 GW more than on March 31

krivaca windfarm danube serbia alfi mk group

Krivača, first wind farm in Serbia south of Danube, officially starts production

16 May 2024 - MK Group and Alfi Renewables inaugurated their Krivača wind farm in Golubac in eastern Serbia