May 20, 2020
May 20, 2020
Owners of family houses in Croatia will be able to apply for co-financing of 60% or 100% for energy renovation projects. The government has secured EUR 18.7 million to back energy efficiency measures in households.
The government recently adopted amendments to the family house energy renovation program. The scheme was prepared earlier by the Ministry of Construction and Physical Planning, but everything was postponed due to coronavirus.
Citizens at risk of energy poverty are eligible for 100% of funds for energy efficiency measures
The public call for energy renovation projects will be announced by the Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency Fund in June. It is expected that citizens will get at least two months to obtain all the necessary documentation for applications, the ministry said.
The co-financing should be enough for 1,349 houses
Of the total amount, 20% or EUR 3.75 million is planned for citizens at risk of energy poverty. For the category, the government will finance 100% of the project value for 115 houses in total.
With the remaining 80% or EUR 15 million, energy renovation projects will be co-financed with a share of 60% for 1,234 homes.
Some of the expected benefits of the program:
- annual investments of EUR 27.3 million will be mobilized with the share of state incentives of 4%;
- annual energy savings of 56 GWh;
- reduction of homeowners energy expenses by EUR 3.17 million per year;
- reduction of CO2 emissions by 14,500 tons per year.
Energy class is a condition to apply
Owners of all legally constructed houses anywhere in the country are eligible to apply for co-financing.
But there are different criteriums when it comes to energy class. Family houses from continental Croatia of are required to be graded D or lower, compared to C or lower for coastal areas.
Supported energy efficiency measures:
- improvement od of thermal insulation of all elements of the building’s envelope;
- complete energy renovation including a mix of measures on the exterior of the building and the installation of systems for the use of renewable energy sources.
Be the first one to comment on this article.