Renewables

Zorlu Enerji, JDECO to install 1.8 MW solar power plant in Palestine

Zorlu Enerji

Photo: Signing ceremony (Zorlu Enerji)

Published

September 9, 2019

Country

Comments

0

Share

Published:

September 9, 2019

Country:

Comments:

0

Share

Turkish power producer Zorlu Enerji will install a 1.8 MW solar power plant in the Jericho region of Palestine in cooperation with Jerusalem District Electricity Company (JDECO), according to a press release from Zorlu Enerji.

The company and JDECO established a joint venture called ZJ Strong in May, with Zorlu Enerji holding a 75% share and JDECO the remaining 25%.

ZJ Strong has taken its first step toward building a 1.8 MW solar power plant in the Jericho region of Palestine, the company said.

According to the press release, the company and ZJ Strong will build the solar energy power station on land rented from JDECO. The electricity will be sold to JDECO for 25 years at a guaranteed price.

Power supply company JDECO distributes 25% of its electricity in Palestine, while Zorlu has 1,086 MW of installed capacity, combining 17 power plants in Turkey (seven hydropower plants, three wind farms, four geothermal power plants, and three natural gas power plants) and four abroad (a wind power plant in Pakistan and three natural gas power plants in Israel).

The signing ceremony was attended by Palestinian Energy and Natural Resources Authority Chairman Zafer Milhem, Zorlu Enerji CEO Sinan Ak, Vice Consul of Turkey in Jerusalem Ihsan Eralp Semerci, JDECO General Manager Hisham Omari, and Bank of Palestine General Manger Hashim Shawa.

Zorlu Enerji CEO Sinan Ak said the company aims to secure a total of 100 MW of installed capacity in the region.

According to Palestinian Energy and Natural Resources Authority Chairman Zafer Milhem, the three sides are considering the installation of a 5 MW solar power plant in the future.

Zorlu Enerji also has signed a loan agreement in the amount of ILS 5 million (about EUR 1.28 million) to be used for the financing of power plants, the press release reads.

Comments (0)

Be the first one to comment on this article.

Enter Your Comment
Please wait... Please fill in the required fields. There seems to be an error, please refresh the page and try again. Your comment has been sent.

Related Articles

Belgrade Energy Forum energy storage is next big thing

Belgrade Energy Forum 2024 – energy storage is next big thing

25 May 2024 - There are exponential opportunities for energy storage investments to facilitate the green transition, main developers and operators in Southeast Europe said at Belgrade Energy Forum

janom investments Andrej Srsen bef 2024

Janom Investments bringing knowhow, investments to Western Balkans

24 May 2024 - Janom Investments is eyeing a portfolio of over 1,000 MW in wind, solar and battery projects in Croatia, BiH, Serbia and North Macedonia

maja turkovic cwp global investments bef 2024

Meet energy transition leaders in SEE: CWP Global is developing 6 GW of solar, wind, storage

24 May 2024 - Vice President for Europe at CWP Global Maja Turković was a panelist at the Belgrade Energy Forum 2024 conference

Western Balkans face tight electricity market coupling deadlines

Western Balkans face tight electricity market coupling deadlines

24 May 2024 - Market coupling is the first task in the Western Balkans energy transition and their main condition to be exempted from CBAM, panelists said at Belgrade Energy Forum