North Macedonia’s state-owned power producer Elektrani na Severna Makedonija, ESM, has issued an invitation for expressions of interest in international open tendering with pre-qualification for the procurement of goods, works and associated services for Bogdanci wind farm – phase 2, as an EPC project.
The project concerns the extension of the existing Bogdanci 1 wind park, North Macedonia’s first, with an expected additional capacity of between 13.2 and 15 MW. The facility now has 16 wind turbines of 2.3 MW each, a total of 36.8 MW.
The application deadline is March 2, according to the invitation published on ESM’s website.
The tendering for the project is expected to take place in the second quarter.
The project is divided into two tenders.
Tender 1 – wind turbines:
• Delivery and installation of three or four wind turbines
• Delivery and installation of wind turbine foundations
• Long-term service agreement and availability and power curve guarantee.
Tender 2 – balance of plant:
• Internal cable network (MV network and fiber optic cables)
• Connection to the existing Bogdanci substation
• Internal roads
• Civil works for crane platforms and temporary storage areas.
In September 2019, ESM signed two contracts for the Bogdanci wind farm expansion with a consortium of Germany’s Fichtner and North Macedonia’s Geing.
The Bogdanci wind farm expansion envisages a EUR 21 million investment, of which EUR 18 million was provided by KfW, and the rest secured by ESM, formerly ELEM.