Renewables

Đedović: Serbia to launch wind power auction in June

djedovic Serbia to launch auctions for wind projects in June

Photo: Emilija Jovanović

Published

May 29, 2023

Country

Comments

comments icon

0

Share

Published:

May 29, 2023

Country:

Comments:

comments icon

0

Share

The Government of Serbia plans to initiate the first renewable energy auctions in June, Minister of Mining and Energy Dubravka Đedović said. As previously announced, wind farm project developers will bid for an overall 400 MW.

The recent changes to the Law on the Use of Renewable Energy Sources created the necessary conditions for investors to safely and predictably connect solar plants and wind farms to the grid, with the responsibility for balancing new capacities clearly assigned, Energy Minister Dubravka Đedović said after a meeting with the representatives of the Association Renewable Energy Sources of Serbia (RES Serbia).

The government is processing all the bylaws that need to be adopted and the plan is to launch auctions in June that will add domestic green megawatts within the energy system and contribute to the security of supply, she said.

The three-year auction plan will cover wind and solar power

Đedović noted that Serbia is preparing a three-year auction plan for both wind and solar power plants and pointed out it is an important message for potential investors in solar projects.

The representatives of the Association Renewable Energy Sources of Serbia (RES Serbia) informed Minister Đedović about its membership’s interest in participating in the upcoming auctions, stressing that they have wind projects with a combined capacity of at least 500 MW.

Of note, Đedović earlier said a public call for the first auction would be issued in the first quarter, and after that in April. Over the next five years, auctions for 1,400 MW should be held.

Comments (0)

Be the first one to comment on this article.

Enter Your Comment
Please wait... Please fill in the required fields. There seems to be an error, please refresh the page and try again. Your comment has been sent.

Related Articles

montenegro zorana sekulic interview hydrogen program action plan ministry of energy

Sekulić: Montenegro is preparing for a hydrogen energy era

20 February 2026 - Zorana Sekulić, Director of the Directorate for Oil and Gas at the Ministry of Energy and Mining, is finishing doctoral studies in hydrogen

coal mining

Coal miners’ woes threaten electricity production across region

20 February 2026 - Miners at Romania’s coal complex CE Oltenia have staged protests, including hunger strikes, over plans to scrap meal vouchers and cut wages

montenegro electricity integration package eip market coupling energy community

Montenegro wraps up transposition of EU’s Electricity Integration Package

20 February 2026 - Montenegro has completed the transposition of the EU’s Electricity Integration Package, according to the Energy Community Secretariat

Albania KESH draft energy storage strategy with French help

Albania’s KESH to draft energy storage strategy with French help

20 February 2026 - Albanian state-owned KESH intends to draft an energy storage strategy with assistance from EDF and the French Development Agency (AFD)