Japan could finance pumped storage hydropower plant Bistrica in Serbia as cost rises to EUR 1.2 billion

02 August 2023 - The cost of Bistrica is now projected at EUR 1.2 billion, up from EUR 700 million, and Serbia is preparing for talks with Japan

Dubravka Dedovic Djedovic interview Serbia renewable power plants 3 000 MW

Serbia will build renewable power plants totaling 3,000 MW within several years

28 July 2023 - Minister Dubravka Đedović speaks in an interview about changes in renewable electricity auction rules, how much more capacity the transmission system can handle and how companies would be helped to prepare for the EU's CBAM carbon border tax

law on energy Serbia passes law on unbundling gas, electricity transmission system operators

Serbia passes law on unbundling gas, electricity transmission system operators

26 July 2023 - By changing the Law on Energy, Serbia enabled the establishment of an independent commission to oversee electricity and gas TSOs

Serbia invest EUR 320 million electricity distribution network

Serbia to invest EUR 320 million in electricity distribution network

26 July 2023 - Minister of Mining and Energy of Serbia Dubravka Đedović said EUR 320 million would be invested to strengthen the power distribution grid

seepex intraday market go live

SEEPEX completes organized electricity market in Serbia with intraday trading platform

26 July 2023 - Sixteen out of twenty registered participants in the domestic intraday market were active on the first trading day

powerchina avr solar park serbia saraorci djedovic

PowerChina, AVR kick off construction of 9.9 MW solar power plant in Serbia

19 July 2023 - The new power plant in Saraorci will produce electricity for the domestic market, the Ministry of Mining and Energy said

necp serbia public consultation pks

Serbia presents draft National Energy, Climate Plan

11 July 2023 - The Ministry of Mining and Energy has invited all interested parties, not only from Serbia, but also from neighboring countries, to join the public consultation


Introducing emissions trading requires EU’s financial support

30 June 2023 - To take a position on carbon pricing, Serbia and other Western Balkan countries need financial support, primarily from the EU, says Minister Đedović


Serbhungas to trade gas in Serbia and region, with 51% stake in Hungary’s hands

29 June 2023 - Hungary's MVM has a 51% stake in Serbhungas, while the remaining 49% is in the hands of Serbia's state gas company

WISE Serbia network of women in sustainable energy

#BeWISE – join WISE Serbia network of women in sustainable energy

29 June 2023 - WISE Serbia, the network of women in sustainable energy, has announced a call for new members under the slogan #BeWise, encouraging all interested women - professionals and students alike - to apply and join in


Srbijagas, Hungary’s MVM sign deal to set up gas trading firm SERBHUNGAS

20 June 2023 - Minister of Finance Siniša Mali was quoted as saying that the agreement would concern gas trading in Serbia


Serbia’s top hospital to boost energy efficiency in EUR 200 million project

16 June 2023 - The first phase of the project is expected to reduce VMA's natural gas consumption by up to 40% and electricity consumption by up to 30%

1 2 3