Renewables

Tendering launched for concession to build 49.5 MW Grebak wind farm

Photo: Nevesinje municipality

Published

December 3, 2018

Comments

comments icon

0

Share

Published:

December 3, 2018

Comments:

comments icon

0

Share

The Ministry of Industry, Energy and Mining of the Republic of Srpska has announced a public invitation to award a concession to build and operate the Grebak wind farm in Nevesinje, with an estimated capacity of 49.5 MW and an annual output of 130 GWh of electricity. The plant will not receive state subsidies for renewable energy sources, BiH media reported.

The value of the investment is estimated at BAM 130 million (EUR 65 million), and the deadline for the submission of offers is 30 days from publishing the public invitation in the Official Gazette.

The concession would be valid for a period of up to 50 years, and the obligatory condition for participation in the procedure is the deposit in the amount of BAM 650,000 (EUR 325,000).

The concession fee is BAM 0.0055 (EUR 0.0028) per kWh of electricity produced, according to the public invitation.

The wind farm will comprise 15 wind turbines and should be built at the site Grebak, about five kilometers west of the Nevesinje center.

The project envisages construction of wind turbines, a substation, control buildings, access roads, as well as a power line for connection to the transmission network.

The obligation of the concessionaire will be to resolve ownership issues at the location where the plant will be built, as well as to build access roads and facilities for the transmission of electricity from the wind farm to the connection point with the transmission network.

The future concessionaire will be obliged to submit an offer which includes a feasibility study on the concession approval along with environmental impact assessment.

The initiative for the concession was submitted by Nevesinje-based VE Grebak.

According to the text of the public invitation, the company will receive up to 10 additional points for each criterion as a bonus for the solution it offered.

VE Grebak CEO Miralem Čampara said on Friday for Glas Srpske that the company will submit an offer for the construction of the wind farm.

The conditions set out in the Law on Concessions are quite rigid and the company was unable to get incentives from the state, so the the wind farm’s output will be offered to the market, he said.

Čampara noted that the company is exploring wind potential at the Grebak locality for 10 years now, and the average speed is 7 meters per second.

Comments (0)

Be the first one to comment on this article.

Enter Your Comment
Please wait... Please fill in the required fields. There seems to be an error, please refresh the page and try again. Your comment has been sent.

Related Articles

Slovenia net electricity imports rise sixfold in 2025

Slovenia’s net electricity imports rise sixfold in 2025

19 February 2026 - Slovenia's power exports fell 7% last year while imports rose 9.8%. The negative balance surged 525% on an annual basis.

EBRD investment Fortis Energy solar BESS project Serbia

EBRD mulls investment in Fortis Energy’s solar-BESS project in Serbia

19 February 2026 - EBRD is beginning due diligence and structured talks with Fortis Energy on financing the company's Sremska Mitrovica PV and battery project

Terna Energy clearance first part Vrohonera pumped storage hydropower project

Terna Energy gets clearance for first part of Vrohonera pumped storage hydropower project

18 February 2026 - A pair of neighboring projects for twin pumped storage hydropower systems are under development in northern Greece

wright chris iea us green transition

War on green transition: US threatens to pull out of IEA

18 February 2026 - US Energy Secretary Chris Wright has urged the International Energy Agency (IEA) to focus on energy security, instead of promoting renewables