July 9, 2020
July 9, 2020
The Ministry of Mining and Energy of Serbia has launched a tender procedure for building and engineering works for a biomass heating plant with two gas-fired backup boilers for heating utility Gradska Toplana Novi Pazar.
The deadline for the submission of bids is August 10, according to the public procurement notice (200430_PN_Biomass plant Novi Pazar.Rev.2).
The contractor will have to design, deliver and construct a biomass plant and connect it to the new and existing district heating networks operated by the City of Novi Pazar.
The main components of the project are:
- Biomass storage facility
- Boiler house for an 8 MW biomass boiler and two backup boilers
- Biomass storage area for intermediate storage
- Facilities for providing the fuel of the backup natural gas boilers
- Traffic areas around buildings for unloading and manipulation of delivered biomass and picking up ash containers
- Access roads for the delivery of biomass.
- The tender is part of the German and Swiss financial cooperation with Serbia under the program called Promotion of Renewable Energies – Developing the Biomass Market in Serbia.
The program is worth EUR 26.75 million and includes six municipal units.
The Ministry of Mining and Energy has allocated EUR 5.8 million for the Novi Pazar heating plant to switch from fossil fuels – heating oil – to biomass.
Tenders for Priboj and Mali Zvornik were launched in the beginning of April.
The project is financed by Germany’s KfW Development Bank and the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO).
Be the first one to comment on this article.