News

LM Wind Power’s plant in Bergama produces 500th blade

Bergama 500th blade

Photo: LM Wind Power

Published

August 23, 2019

Country

Comments

0

Share

Published:

August 23, 2019

Country:

Comments:

0

Share

Wind turbine blade designer and manufacturer LM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy business, has produced the 500th blade at its Bergama, Turkey plant since the facility opened two years ago.

“Devoted to responding to the growing demand for wind energy worldwide – including in Turkey, Europe and Asia – the 500 blades produced so far in Bergama are meant to capture the wind for a total capacity of about 500 MW. That’s enough blades to power the equivalent of around 680,000 homes in Turkey!,” reads a press release from LM Wind Power.

Inaugurated in July 2017, the Bergama facility became the 15th LM Wind Power factory and the first opened after the company became a GE Renewable Energy business. “The Bergama factory represents a USD 50 million commitment to Turkey, and in 2019, we decided to invest another USD 30 million by the end of the year to extend the facility and recruit 300 new employees,” LM Wind Power said.

The 500 blades produced so far in Bergama are meant to capture the wind for a total capacity of about 500 MW

Today, the Bergama site counts 450 employees, 26% of whom are women, and it will reach more than 700 employees in 2020.

For updates on the hiring process, visit Balkan Green Energy News’ Jobs page.

Approximately 95% of new hiring is blue-collar workers and the remaining 5% is primarily engineering positions.

“We are seeking employees working in the field of grinding and composite materials who have used manual skills in their previous work. After employees start to work, they will receive training in our ‘Center of Excellence’ in a six-week training course consisting of fix modules. In addition to engineering positions, we prefer industrial and mechanical engineers,” the company said earlier in an emailed statement to Balkan Green Energy News.

Comments (0)

Be the first one to comment on this article.

Enter Your Comment
Please wait... Please fill in the required fields. There seems to be an error, please refresh the page and try again. Your comment has been sent.

Related Articles

Uniper battery energy storage system Germany NGEN

Uniper to build battery energy storage system in Germany with NGEN

28 May 2024 - Uniper is planning to build a battery storage system at its Heyden power plant site in western Germany with energy solutions provider NGEN

montenegro offshore wind farms study

Montenegro’s offshore wind potential estimated at 2,300 MW – study

27 May 2024 - Miloš Bogdanović from Kotor, Montenegro, and Špiro Ivošević, professor at the Faculty of Maritime Studies in Kotor, authored the study

rimac energy belgrade energy forum wasim sarwar dilow bees

Rimac Energy provides innovative BESS solutions made in Europe

27 May 2024 - Rimac Energy is oriented toward designing, developing and manufacturing its battery systems in Southeast Europe

Energy demand insights Navigating resilient solutions for a sustainable future

Energy demand insights: Navigating resilient solutions for a sustainable future

27 May 2024 - In today's world, the nexus between energy demand, building energy efficiency, and environmental sustainability is crucial. As we navigate the complexities of climate change, finding resilient solutions to manage energy demand and enhance building performance is paramount