News

HSE lifting output to 8.22 TWh in five years

Published

November 25, 2015

Comments

comments icon

0

Share

Published:

November 25, 2015

Comments:

comments icon

0

Share

State-owned power conglomerate Holding Slovenske Elektrarne (HSE) said it adopted a development plan for the period of 2016–20 which foresees an increase in annual electricity output from 7.89 TWh to 8.22 TWh, SeeNews reports. The blueprint should help the company adjust and respond to tougher conditions on both electricity and natural gas markets as well as on the financial markets in terms of restructuring and deleveraging while maintaining its leading position on Slovenia’s energy market, the company said in a press release on its website.

Financial, commercial and organizational restructuring, rationalisation of operations, deleveraging in order to maintain long-term growth and development are all goals set in HSE’s development plan. The company plans to increase its renewable energy output from 3.52 TWh to 3.6 TWh per year and maintain an annual electricity trading volume of over 25 TWh over the next five years. The holding’s increased renewable portfolio will have a share of 45%, and it will generate 63% of Slovenia’s green energy, the press release said.

So far this year HSE has traded 28.5 TWh of electricity, 13% above plan, achieving revenue of over EUR 1.3 billion. HSE Group is Slovenia’s largest power producer and trader and has companies, branches and representative offices in Croatia, Serbia, Italy, Hungary, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania and Macedonia.

 

Related Articles

montenegro zorana sekulic interview hydrogen program action plan ministry of energy

Sekulić: Montenegro is preparing for a hydrogen energy era

20 February 2026 - Zorana Sekulić, Director of the Directorate for Oil and Gas at the Ministry of Energy and Mining, is finishing doctoral studies in hydrogen

coal mining

Coal miners’ woes threaten electricity production across region

20 February 2026 - Miners at Romania’s coal complex CE Oltenia have staged protests, including hunger strikes, over plans to scrap meal vouchers and cut wages

montenegro electricity integration package eip market coupling energy community

Montenegro wraps up transposition of EU’s Electricity Integration Package

20 February 2026 - Montenegro has completed the transposition of the EU’s Electricity Integration Package, according to the Energy Community Secretariat

Albania KESH draft energy storage strategy with French help

Albania’s KESH to draft energy storage strategy with French help

20 February 2026 - Albanian state-owned KESH intends to draft an energy storage strategy with assistance from EDF and the French Development Agency (AFD)