Renewables

Elicio’s two wind parks in Alibunar remain in the pipeline

Published

March 6, 2015

Country

Comments

comments icon

0

Share

Published:

March 6, 2015

Country:

Comments:

comments icon

0

Share

Representatives of Electrawinds confirmed they are committed to building two wind parks, Alibunar municipality website said. Ludo Vandervelden and Nicolas Bruyonooghe, CEO and development manager of Elicio NV, the company that took over Electrawinds’ projects in Serbia, visited the municipality seat and said it is a good place for investing, as is the whole of Serbia.

„As a socially responsible company, we shall try and support local community’s activities. We are certain our investments will be of an exceptional significance for the municipality, having in mind the investments are worth more than EUR 80 million,“ Elicio – Electrawinds said in a press release.

Intensive works on Malibunar wind park, with 4 turbines and the capacity of 8 MW, will begin by the end of the year, while the Alibunar facility project, with 21 turbines and 42 MW, starts in 2016, Vandervelden said.

 

Related Articles

Slovenia net electricity imports rise sixfold in 2025

Slovenia’s net electricity imports rise sixfold in 2025

19 February 2026 - Slovenia's power exports fell 7% last year while imports rose 9.8%. The negative balance surged 525% on an annual basis.

EBRD investment Fortis Energy solar BESS project Serbia

EBRD mulls investment in Fortis Energy’s solar-BESS project in Serbia

19 February 2026 - EBRD is beginning due diligence and structured talks with Fortis Energy on financing the company's Sremska Mitrovica PV and battery project

Terna Energy clearance first part Vrohonera pumped storage hydropower project

Terna Energy gets clearance for first part of Vrohonera pumped storage hydropower project

18 February 2026 - A pair of neighboring projects for twin pumped storage hydropower systems are under development in northern Greece

wright chris iea us green transition

War on green transition: US threatens to pull out of IEA

18 February 2026 - US Energy Secretary Chris Wright has urged the International Energy Agency (IEA) to focus on energy security, instead of promoting renewables