News

Electricity vouchers to be issued as of October 1

Published

September 14, 2015

Comments

comments icon

0

Share

Published:

September 14, 2015

Comments:

comments icon

0

Share

As a permanent entitlement for vulnerable social groups and in order to fight energy poverty, 60,000 to 70,000 poor households will receive vouchers worth HRK 200 (EUR 26.2) monthly, starting on October 1, Government of Croatia said on its website.

The agreement was signed by Prime Minister Zoran Milanović, the state-owned HEP power company’s chief executive Perica Jukić, GEN-I’s Robert Golob of and RWE’s Ralf Blomberg, report  by Hina news agency said.

Milanović said the plan had been devised this spring and that talks took months. The vouchers will be funded by the solidarity charge of 0.004 euro cents per kWh of power consumed, while households that spend more than 3 MWh per year will pay EUR 11.8 plus tax. Power suppliers will absorb the cost, Economy Minister Ivan Vrdoljak said. He added suppliers are able to withstand the expenses because of cheaper operations due to a set of measures for development and liberalization of the power market.

Earlier, the government adopted an amendment to social welfare legislation, authorizing social care centers to distribute the vouchers and certify the right to use them.

Related Articles

Terna Energy clearance first part Vrohonera pumped storage hydropower project

Terna Energy gets clearance for first part of Vrohonera pumped storage hydropower project

18 February 2026 - A pair of neighboring projects for twin pumped storage hydropower systems are under development in northern Greece

slovenia us office gen i houston

Slovenia’s GEN-I enters US energy market

18 February 2026 - GEN-I Trading North America LLC is headquartered in Houston, the city considered one of the world's key energy hubs

croatia bih gornji horizonti espoo convention

Croatia triggers Espoo Convention procedure against BiH over Gornji Horizonti project

18 February 2026 - Gornji Horizonty project is being implemented by Elektroprivreda Republike Srpske, with construction of the HPP HPP Dabar currently underway

wright chris iea us green transition

War on green transition: US threatens to pull out of IEA

18 February 2026 - US Energy Secretary Chris Wright has urged the International Energy Agency (IEA) to focus on energy security, instead of promoting renewables