Renewables

Concession agreement scrapped for Trusina wind farm

Photo: Pixabay

Published

March 19, 2019

Comments

comments icon

0

Share

Published:

March 19, 2019

Comments:

comments icon

0

Share

The government of Republika Srpska, an entity of Bosnia and Herzegovina, has severed a concession agreement with Eol Prvi for the construction of the Trusina wind farm in Nevesinje, which had been announced to soak an investment of BAM 150 million (around EUR 76.5 million), the media in the region reported.

The start of construction on the Trusina wind farm had been repeatedly delayed. Even though the Ministry of Industry, Energy, and Mining insisted that the investor was serious and that it had submitted credible results it was working on the project, the government of Republika Srpska still scrapped the contract in early March, Capital.ba reported.

According to Milan Baštinac, assistant minister at the Ministry of Industry, Energy, and Mining, the government severed the agreement over the investor’s failure to submit a banking guarantee for the project.

“The concessionaire failed to submit a banking guarantee in the wake of the concession agreement signing,” said Baštinac, adding that there were no significant project developments from the moment the firm received the concession.

Asked why the agreement had not been canceled earlier over the concessionaire’s failure to submit the guarantee, Baštinac said that the government had tried to be flexible and that it understands problems concessionaires face.

“However, in this case, we exhausted all the possibilities, provided maximum conditions for the investment to be launched, approved new deadlines for the submission of the banking guarantee, sent warnings, but they failed to comply and we were forced to break the contract,” Baštinac said.

“The concessionaire failed to submit a banking guarantee in the wake of the concession agreement signing,” said Baštinac, adding that there were no significant project developments from the moment the firm received the concession.

Zlatko Mandžuka, top man of Nevesinje-registered Eol Prvi, said in July 2018 that the Trusina wind farm should launch production in late 2019.

The municipality of Nevesinje said at the time that the Trusina wind farm was designed to have 15 turbines, an installed capacity of 49.5 MW, and an annual output of around 160 GWh of electricity.

The UK-based Kermas Limited, owned by Croatian businessman Danko Končar, was supposed to be Eol Prvi’s strategic partner on the project.

The government of Republika Srpska issued a 30-year concession for the project back in 2012.

Comments (0)

Be the first one to comment on this article.

Enter Your Comment
Please wait... Please fill in the required fields. There seems to be an error, please refresh the page and try again. Your comment has been sent.

Related Articles

Four out of four all geothermal sites in Croatia show significant potential

Four out of four: all geothermal sites in Croatia show significant potential

17 February 2026 - Significant geothermal potential for heating has been confirmed near Zaprešić. It is the fourth out of the four explored sites in Croatia.

barcelona spain solar capacity 50 GW

Spain’s solar power capacity tops 50 GW

13 February 2026 - Spain’s total solar capacity currently stands at around 50.2 GW, or 34% of the overall electricity generation capacity, according to REE

serbia electricity market rules ems nikola tosic balancing

Serbia’s new electricity market rules bring important changes

12 February 2026 - Nikola Tošić, Market Division Manager at Serbia's transmission system operator EMS, explains new electricity market rules

YESS Power integrates battery system with Novaci PV plant in North Macedonia

YESS Power integrates battery system with Novaci PV plant in North Macedonia

12 February 2026 - Turkey-based YESS Power has commissioned, as a contractor, the first grid-scale BESS in North Macedonia and the region