The 18th International Summer School, themed Advanced Planning of Affordable, Secure and Sustainable Energy, will be held from August 10 to 19 in Ethno Village Čardaci in the Vitez municipality in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The organizer of the International Summer School is the Regional Education and Information Centre (REIC).
Applications are open via form, and the deadline is July 10, 2023, REIC said.
The 10-day program will encompass the environmental, socioeconomic, legal and technological issues that need to be considered in the transition to renewable energy and future green growth. Interactive lectures will focus on the topics that are currently of greatest importance globally, and especially to Southeast Europe, including:
- Decarbonization – clean energy
- Circular economy
- Just transition
- Energy efficiency
- Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism – CBAM
- Energy climate policy.
REIC is targeting these groups as participants:
- Young policy-makers and civil servants from governmental institutions, embassies and international organizations
- Officers working in authority administration (national, regional, local) in SEE Europe
- Final year bachelor, master, and PhD students in the relevant field
- Representatives of NGOs
- Mid-career professionals from energy companies.
Attendance is free of charge. The full fellowship includes the costs of full-board accommodation. However, participants will cover only the cost of their transport to and from the venue.
The official language of the school is English.
Eligible to apply are prospective participants from: Albania, BiH, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo*, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, and Slovenia.